Processing means any process or series of operations related to personal data, such as collecting, collecting, organizing, organizing, storing, adapting or modifying, reading, querying, using, with or without the aid of automated procedures; disclosure by submission, dissemination or other form of provision, reconciliation or association, restriction, erasure or destruction.Restriction of the processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim to limit their future processing.Profiling is any kind of automated processing of personal data that consists in using that personal information to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, personal To analyze or predict preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, whereabouts or relocation of that natural person.Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a way that personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the need for additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separate and subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data not assigned to an identified or identifiable natural person.The controller or controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, body or body that, alone or in concert with others, decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data. Where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union law or the law of the Member States, the controller or the specific criteria for his designation may be provided for under Union or national law.The processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Recipient is a natural or legal person, agency, agency or other entity to whom Personal Data is disclosed, whether or not it is a third party. However, authorities which may receive personal data under Union or national law in connection with a particular mission are not considered as beneficiaries.Third is a natural or legal person, public authority, body or body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons authorized under the direct responsibility of the controller or the processor to process the personal data.Consent is any voluntarily given and unambiguously expressed in the form of a statement or other unambiguous confirmatory act by the data subject for the particular case, by which the data subject indicates that they consent to the processing of the personal data concerning him / her is.REGISTRATION:The data subject has the option of registering on the data controller's website, providing personal data. The personal data to be sent to the controller is derived from the respective input mask used for the registration. The personal data entered by the data subject shall be collected and stored solely for internal use by the controller and for his own purposes. The controller may initiate the transfer to one or more processors (for example, a parcel service) who also uses the personal data only for internal use attributable to the controller.By registering on the controller's website, the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) of the data subject, the date and time of registration are also stored. The storage of this data takes place against the background that this is the only way to prevent the misuse of our services and, if necessary, to use this data to investigate past crimes and copyright infringements. In this respect, the storage of this data is required to secure the controller. A transfer of these data to third parties is generally not, unless there is a legal obligation to pass on or the disclosure of the criminal or legal prosecution serves.
The consent or rejection of cookies - also for web tracking - can be done through the settings of your web browser. You can configure your browser to refuse the acceptance of cookies in principle or to inform you in advance if a cookie is to be stored. In this case, however, the functionality of the website may be impaired (for example, in the case of orders). Your browser also offers a function to delete cookies (for example, "delete browser data"). This is possible in all common web browsers. Further information can be found in the user manual or in the settings of your browser.
The corporate website collects a set of general data and information each time the website is accessed by an affected person or an automated system. This general data and information is stored in the log files of the server. Can be recorded:• the browser types and versions used• The operating system used by the accessing system• the website from which an accessing system is uploaded to our website (so-called referrers)• the sub-websites, which are accessed via an accessing system on our website• the date and time of access to the website• a web protocol address (IP address)• the Internet service provider of the accessing system• other similar data and information used in the event of attacks on our information technology systemsWhen using this general data and information, companies do not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to:• to deliver the contents of our website correctly• to optimize the content of our website as well as the advertising for it• To ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and the technology of our website• Provide law enforcement with the necessary information for law enforcement in the event of a cyberattack
These anonymously collected data and information are therefore statistically and also evaluated by the companies with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our companies in order to ultimately ensure the best possible level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by an affected person.Routine deletion and blocking of personal dataThe controller processes (in this sense also: stores) the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage or, if so required by law or regulation, by the European Directives and Regulators, provided for by the controller.If the storage purpose is omitted or if a storage period prescribed by the European directives and regulations or any other relevant legislator expires, the personal data will be routinely blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory provisions.Rights of the person concernedRight to confirmation:Each data subject has the right to ask the controller for confirmation of the processing of personal data concerning him or her. If an affected person wishes to make use of this right of confirmation, they can contact the controller at any time.Right to information:Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right at any time to obtain from the controller any information free of charge concerning the personal data stored about him or her and a copy of such information. Furthermore, the European legislator and regulator has provided the data subject with the following information:
• the processing purposes• the categories of personal data being processed• the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been disclosed or are still being disclosed, in particular to recipients in third countries or to international organizations• if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration• the right of rectification or erasure of the personal data concerning them, or the limitation of the controller's processing or the right to object to such processing• the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority• if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: all available information about the origin of the data• the existence of automated decision-making including profiling in accordance with Article 22 (1) and (4) of the GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subjectIn addition, the data subject has a right of access as to whether personal data has been transmitted to a third country or to an international organization. If that is the case, then the data subject has the right to obtain information about the appropriate guarantees in connection with the transfer.If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right to information, he can contact the controller at any time.Right to rectification:Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to demand the immediate correction of incorrect personal data concerning them. Furthermore, the data subject has the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary declaration, taking into account the purposes of the processing.If an interested party wishes to exercise this right of rectification, it may at any time contact the controller.Right to be erased (right to be forgotten):Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right to require the controller to immediately delete the personal data concerning him, provided that one of the following reasons is satisfied and the processing is not required:• The personal data has been collected for such purposes or otherwise processed for which they are no longer necessary.• The data subject revokes their consent, on which the processing was based in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) EU GDPR or Article 9 (2) (a) EU GDPR, and lacks an alternative legal basis for processing.• The data subject submits an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 (1) EU GDPR, and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing, or the data subject objects according to Art. 21 (2) EU GDPR the processing.• The personal data were processed unlawfully.• The deletion of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the controller is subject.• The personal data were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 (1) EU GDPR.If one of the above reasons is correct and a data subject wishes to arrange for the deletion of personal data held by companies, they may, at any time, contact the controller. The deletion request of the person concerned is then complied with immediately.If the personal data have been made public by the companies and if they are required to delete personal data as controllers in accordance with Art. 17 (1) EU GDPR, the undertakings shall take appropriate measures, including technical ones, taking into account the available technology and the costs of implementation; to inform other data controllers processing the published personal data that the data subject has requested that these other data controllers delete all links to such personal data or copies or replications of such personal data, as far as the processing is not necessary. The controller then will arrange the necessary in individual cases.Right to restriction of processing:Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right to require the controller to restrict the processing if any of the following conditions apply:• The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period of time that enables the person responsible to verify the accuracy of the personal data.• The processing is unlawful, the data subject refuses to delete the personal data and instead requests the restriction of the use of personal data.• The data controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the data subject requires them to assert, exercise or defend their rights.• The data subject has objection to the processing acc. Art. 21 (1) EU-DSGVO and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh those of the data subject.If one of the above conditions is met and a data subject wishes to request the restriction of personal data held by companies, they may at any time contact the data controller. The restriction of processing is then promptly initiated.Right to data portability:Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right to receive in a structured, common and machine-readable format personal data relating to him / her provided to a controller by the data subject. It also has the right to transfer this data to another person without hindrance by the controller to whom the personal data have been provided, provided that the processing is based on the consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) EU GDPR or Art. 9 para 2 (a) of the GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) EU GDPR and processing by automated means, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task of public interest; or in the exercise of public authority, which has been assigned to the responsible person.
Furthermore, in exercising their right to data portability under Article 20 (1) of the EU GDPR, the data subject has the right to obtain that the personal data are transmitted directly from one controller to another, insofar as this is technically feasible and if so this does not affect the rights and freedoms of others.In order to assert the right to data portability, the data subject may, at any time, contact the controller.Right to objection:Any person concerned by the processing of personal data shall have the right, at any time and for reasons arising out of their particular situation, to prevent the processing of personal data relating to them pursuant to Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the EU GDPR, Objection. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.In the event of an objection, companies will no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing is intended to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.Where companies process personal data in order to operate direct mail, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purposes of such advertising. This also applies to the profiling, as far as it is associated with such direct mail. If the data subject objects to processing for direct marketing purposes, the companies will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.In addition, the data subject has the right, for reasons arising from his / her particular situation, against the processing of personal data concerning him or her, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes under Article 89 (1) EU GDPR objection, unless such processing is necessary to fulfill a public interest task.
In order to exercise the right of opposition, the data subject may directly contact the controller. The data subject is also free, in the context of the use of information society services, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58 / EC, to exercise his right of opposition by means of automated procedures using technical specifications.Automated decisions in individual cases including profiling:Any person concerned by the processing of personal data shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has a legal effect on it or which, in a similar manner, significantly affects it, provided that the decision:• is not required for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the data subject and the controller or;• is permitted by Union or Member State legislation to which the controller is subject, and where such legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms and legitimate interests of the data subject; or• with the express consent of the data subject.If the decision to conclude or execute a contract between the data subject and the controller is required or is made with the express consent of the data subject, the undertakings shall take appropriate measures to safeguard the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of the data subject, for which at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the person responsible, to a statement of one's own position and to a contestation of the decision, belongs.If the data subject wishes to rely on automated decision-making rights, they can contact the controller at any time.
Right to revoke a data protection consent:Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data at any time.If the data subject wishes to assert their right to withdraw consent, they may at any time contact the controller.Data protection in applications and in the application processThe controller collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing the application process. The processing can also be done electronically. This is particularly the case if an applicant submits corresponding application documents by electronic means, for example by e-mail, to the controller. If the controller concludes a contract of employment with an applicant, the data transmitted will be stored for the purposes of the employment relationship in accordance with the law. If no employment contract is concluded with the candidate by the controller, the application documents will be automatically deleted six months after the announcement of the rejection decision, provided that deletion does not prejudice any other legitimate interests of the controller. Other legitimate interest in this sense, for example, a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
Social pluginsOur website offers as an additional service so-called social plugins, which enable interaction with the social services Facebook and Instagram. To prevent unwanted transmission of your usage data, please log out of these services beforehand.Use of Facebook social pluginsOur website uses so-called social plugins ("plugins") of the social network Facebook operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). The plugins are marked with a Facebook logo or the addition "Social Plug-in of Facebook" or "Facebook Social Plugin". An overview of the Facebook plugins and their appearance can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pluginsWhen you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser connects directly to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through this integration, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook profile or are currently not logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) will be transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the US and stored there.If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can immediately assign the visit to our website to your Facebook profile. If you interact with the plugins, for example, click the "Like" button or leave a comment, this information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information will also be published on your Facebook profile and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Berlin, May 2018
Grimm’s Potsdamer Platz
Flottwellstraße 4510785 Berlin, GermanyFon +49 (0)30 25 800 80Fax +49 (0)30 25 800 84111
Grimm’s Berlin Mitte
Alte Jakobstraße 100 10179 Berlin, GermanyFon +49 (0)30 28444100Fax +49 (0)30 28 44 41 01
The Grimms Hotel constantly updates and checks the information on its websites. Despite all due
diligence, the data may have changed. Liability or guarantee for the correctness, topicality and
completeness of the provided information can therefore not be accepted. The same also applies to
all other websites referred to via hyperlinks or their contents. We are not responsible for the
content of the websites which are reached due to such a connection. If you would like a hyperlink
to an illegal site, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org We will remove the link immediately.
The contents and design of the Internet pages are protected by copyright. Reproduction of the
pages or their contents requires the prior written consent of Hotel Grimm, as long as the
reproduction is not legally permitted in any case.
General Terms and Conditions of Grimm's Hotels GmbH & Co. KG
1. Scope and scope of application
These general terms and conditions ("General Terms and Conditions") apply to the rental of
conference, banquet and exhibition rooms and hotel rooms for groups or company bookings and
travelers of all kinds, as well as all related services and services of Grimm's Hotel GmbH & Co.
(Grimm's Hotel), Grimm's Hotel am Potsdamer Platz (Grimm's Hotel), and Grimm's Hotel at
Potsdamer Platz GmbH & Co. KG.
All agreements, which are to be contract content or which are made between Grimm's Hotels and
the hotel guest in connection with the execution of the contract, must be submitted in writing. This
also applies to agreements which subsequently amend the contract.
2. Conclusion of contract
The contract with the hotel guest is made as soon as the customer has signed the Grimm's Hotels
offer and Grimm's Hotels receives the signed offer by post, e-mail
3. Services, prices, payment modalities
The hotel is obliged to keep the rooms booked and to provide all other agreed services ("contract
The hotel guest is obligated to pay the prices agreed for the contract and the prices applicable to
the hotel in the event of any other services. This also applies if these services have been initiated
by the hotel guest and nothing else has been agreed between the parties.
The prices are inclusive of the statutory value-added tax. If the hotel guest is a business owner and
the statutory value-added tax is increased between conclusion of the contract and the fulfillment of
the contract, Grimm's Hotels may charge the increased value-added tax from the hotel guest. If the
hotel guest is a consumer, then the increased value added tax can then be transferred to the hotel
guest if there are more than four months between the conclusion of the contract and the fulfillment
of the contract, unless the parties have agreed otherwise.
If a contract is concluded between the conclusion of the contract and the fulfillment of the contract
for a period longer than four months, and if Grimm's Hotels generally calculates the price for the
contract, Grimm's Hotels may increase the contractually agreed price appropriately, but not more
than ten percent.
Unless otherwise agreed or the invoice of Grimm's Hotel contains a due date, invoices are due
immediately. In the event of a delay in payment, Grimm's Hotel shall be entitled to charge the
currently applicable statutory default interest rate of 8% or, in the case of legal transactions in
which a consumer is involved, in the amount of 5% above the base rate. Grimm's Hotel reserves
the right to prove higher damages.
The hotel guest is entitled to set-off rights only if his counterclaims are legally valid, undisputed or
acknowledged by Grimm's hotel. In such cases, the hotel guest is also entitled to exercise a right
of retention insofar as his counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
In the case of deviations of the number of participants by more than 10% or a change in other
services or the length of stay, the hotel is entitled to redefine the agreed prices.
4. Room preparation, transfer and return, modification of the event rooms
The hotel guest is not entitled to provide certain rooms in the hotel.
On the day of departure, the room must be vacated by 11:00 am at the latest. If the cancellation
period is exceeded, the hotel is entitled to charge 80% of the room rate until 18:00 hrs of the
departure day and 100% of the room rate from 18:00 hrs of the departure date. The hotel guest is
free to prove to the hotel that no or a significantly lower damage has occurred.
Grimm's Hotel is entitled to make hotel rooms other than those offered at the hotel in the event of
changes in the number of participants in good time before the start of the event, provided that the
new rooms are also suitable for carrying out the event.
5. Obligations of the hotel guest
A change of the number of participants must be communicated to the hotel in writing at least seven
days before the start of the event. A change in the number of place orders and buffet orders of
more than 10% requires the prior written agreement with the hotel. The provisions of section 6
(resignation of the hotel guest) remain unaffected. Short-term extension of the event can
correspond to the hotel. The hotel guest bears all additional costs resulting from the extension.
Non-social events, e.g. Sales events, discussion talks require the prior written consent of Grimm's
The subletting and re-letting of the rented rooms as well as their use for other than accommodation
purposes requires the prior written consent of Grimm's Hotel.
At the end of the rental period, the hotel guest has to remove all objects entered by him from the
hotel at his own risk. If the hotel guest fails to do so, Grimm's Hotel may carry out the removal and
storage at the expense of the hotel guest. If the items remain in the rented rooms, Grimm's Hotel
can charge an appropriate compensation for the duration of the stay. The hotel guest is free to
prove that the above-mentioned claim has not occurred or has not occurred to the required
amount. On the occasion of an event carried out by the hotel guest, objects for the decoration of
the room must be permitted in written agreement with the hotel and meet the fire protection
Food and drinks are not allowed. Any deviations may be agreed in writing in writing against the
granting of a service fee.
6. Rescission of the hotel guest
Grimm's Hotel and the hotel guest may contractually agree in text form that the hotel guest can
cancel the contract in whole or in part within certain periods without triggering payment or
compensation claims by Grimm's Hotel.
The right of rescission of the hotel guest expires if he does not cancel the contract by letter, e-mail
or fax until the agreed date.
In the case of a non-timely cancellation, Grimm's Hotel will charge the hotel guest the following
If the hotel guest does not use rooms booked by him, they will be charged for a room with
Overnight 80% of the agreed price.
If the hotel guest does not make use of the conference, banquet and exhibition rooms booked,
80% of the agreed services and 80% of the lost sales are charged.
If the hotel guest does not include a specially agreed conference, banquet or exhibition package
(conference, banquet, exhibition rooms, hotel room and other services)
80% of the daily lump sum will be invoiced multiplied by the number of participants and 80% of the
agreed price for the hotel room.
The hotel guest is free to prove that no damage was incurred or the damage to the hotel is lower
than the required lump sum.
7. Cancellation of the hotel
If it has been agreed that the hotel guest can cancel the contract free of charge within a certain
period of time, the hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract during this period if other guests
are inquiring about the contractually booked event rooms and the hotel guest on his / her request
to the Cancellation not waived.
If an agreed advance payment is not made even after the expiry of a reasonable period of grace
set by the hotel, the hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract. In the event that no deposit
payment has been received by the agreed date, Grimm's reserves the right to withdraw from the
contractually agreed services following the expiry of a grace period set for this purpose.
In addition, the hotel is entitled, for objectively justified reasons, to withdraw from the contract immediately, for example if
• force majeure or other circumstances beyond the control of the hotel render the fulfillment of the contract impossible;
• events or rooms with misleading or false indication of essential facts, e.g. to the person of the hotel guest or for the purpose of the event have been made; the hotel has reason to believe that the event may jeopardize the smooth operation, security or reputation of the hotel in the public without being attributable to the hotel's sphere of control or organization;
• the purpose or occasion of the event is illegal;
• there is a violation of Section 5.3.
In case of justified cancellation of the hotel, the hotel guest will not be entitled to compensation for
Section 9 shall remain unaffected.
The statutory right of rescission pursuant to § 323 BGB ff. Shall remain unaffected.
8. Technical equipment and connections
The hotel guest must treat the technical equipment provided by Grimm's Hotel with care and return
it in a proper condition. Insofar as the technical facility is owned by a third party, the hotel guest
shall release the hotel from all claims of the third party which the latter has caused due to a
culpable damage to the technical equipment by the hotel guest.
The use of the hotel's own electrical installations using the hotel's electricity network requires its
consent. Any disturbances or damage to the technical facilities of the hotel caused by the use of
these devices shall be borne by the hotel guest insofar as the hotel is not responsible for them.
The electricity costs arising from the use may collect and charge the hotel at a flat rate.
Disturbances to technical or other facilities provided by the hotel are remedied as soon as possible.
Payments can not be withheld or reduced, as far as the hotel is not responsible for these
9. Elimination of defects, liability of Grimm's Hotel, limitation period
Should disturbances or deficiencies in the services of Grimm's Hotel occur, Grimm's Hotel will
endeavor to remedy the situation if the hotel guest is aware of the hotel's immediate complaint.
The hotel guest is obligated to contribute to the reasonableness of the disturbance and to keep a
possible damage low.
In all cases, the liability of Grimm's Hotel for damages - whether from contractual or noncontractual
claims - is governed exclusively by the following provisions. Furthermore, the liability of
Grimm's Hotel for damages is excluded. To the extent that the liability of Grimm's Hotel is excluded
or limited, this also applies to the liability of third parties who come into contact with the contract of
Grimm's Hotel at the instigation of the hotel guest.
Grimm's Hotel shall be liable for damages resulting from the violation of life, limb or health, which
are based on a negligent or intentional breach of duty by Grimm's Hotel, including its
representatives and vicarious agents, in accordance with statutory provisions.
Grimm's Hotel shall also be liable in accordance with the statutory provisions, provided that the
hotel guest asserts claims for damages which are either based on an intentional or grossly
negligent breach of duty by Grimm's Hotel, including his representatives and vicarious agents, or
that Grimm's Hotel is culpably responsible essential
Contractual obligation (obligation whose fulfillment makes the proper implementation of the
contract possible at first and on the compliance of which the contract partner may regularly trust
and trust). In such cases Grimm's Hotel's liability for damages shall, however, be limited to
foreseeable, typically occurring damages, except in the event that Grimm's Hotel, including its
representatives or vicarious agents, acted intentionally or with gross negligence.
In particular, the hotel is not liable for damages to the hotel guest arising in the hotel car park or in
the hotel car park, as well as for damages to the hotel guest due to unsuccessful or incorrectly
performed wake - up orders, tax bookings, postal orders and deliveries of wares, storage and
forwarding, with the exception of intent And gross negligence.
Grimm's Hotel is also liable, as far as is relevant, according to the compulsory statutory provisions
of § 701 ff. BGB concerning the transfer of property to hotel guests.
Grimm's Hotel accepts no liability for services, damages from the use of third-party technical
equipment or other services provided by third-party companies on the initiative of the hotel guest.
All claims against Grimm's Hotel will be subject to a limitation period of one year from the statutory
start of limitation. Without prejudice to this, the statutory provisions apply to all claims for damages
due to gross negligence and intent, and because of the violation of life, body or health or the
violation of a fundamental contractual obligation.
10. Liability of the hotel guest for damages
The hotel guest is liable for all damages caused by him or those persons who come into contact
with the hotel and its facilities at the instigation of the hotel hotel guest, in particular hotel guests
and event participants.
As far as the hotel guest is a merchant, exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes in connection with the
contract and its implementation is Berlin;
However, Grimm's Hotel is also entitled to sue the hotel guest at the court that is responsible for its
Place of performance and payment is the location of the hotel, Berlin.
The parties' legal relations shall be governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, with
the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
Should a provision of this contract be or become invalid in whole or in part, the validity of the
remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
Sign up for your free Grimm's newsletter with special offers.